My name is Potato Omelet…I am delicious. Prepare to drool.
Eggs, potatoes, onion… Everything about this one is just delicious. The only thing that we might add is, you guessed it, cheese! Go to town with this one! Mix it up a little with your own touches and make it your own.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with 3/4 teaspoon salt; set aside. In large bowl, toss potatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add potatoes; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but not falling apart, gently turning occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer potatoes back to large bowl.
- To skillet, add onion; cook 12 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer onion to bowl with potatoes. When potato-onion mixture has cooled slightly, gently stir in eggs until well combined.
- Drain all but 2 teaspoons oil from skillet (reserve oil for another use); heat on medium-high 1 minute. Add egg-potato mixture to skillet, spreading in even layer; reduce heat to medium. Cook 7 minutes or until eggs are mostly set and edges are browned.
- Loosen edges with rubber spatula. Remove skillet from heat and cover with large plate; carefully invert, holding plate and skillet together. Slide omelet back into skillet. Cook on medium 3 minutes or until bottom and center are set. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.