If you’ve been paying attention, you know the CC team LOVES sandwiches! One of the most perfect sandwiches is the breakfast sandwich. The cheesy, eggy, sausagy or bacony goodness is just the thing you need if you swung for the cheap seats the night before.
We present one breakfast sandwich recipe of probably many you will see here if we’re honest!!
- 2 pieces bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 3 tablespoons crumbled and cooked sausage
- ¼ cup cooked hashbrowns
- 1 fried egg
What to do with them:
- Heat cast iron pan over medium heat. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side of each piece of bread.
- On the other side of one piece, place a slice of cheese down then layer with: with sausage, half of green onions, another slice of cheese, remaining green onions, hashbrowns, another slice of cheese, fried egg and remaining slice of cheese. Place mayonnaise side down onto heated pan. Place second bread slice on top of sandwich with mayonnaise side up.
- Cook until bottom is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip sandwich and cook second side until golden brown, about another 4 minutes. Serve immediately.